Aqualogic Swim Co.
One basic survival skill people should know is swimming. Besides the fact that it can save your life (or someone else's), it is also fun and a great form of low impact exercise. Aqualogic Swim Co. is a company that provides personal swimming instruction services that caters to all ages - from children to seniors. With professional, highly-qualified, and well-trained instructors on their roster, they provide clients with personal swimming classes designed to get their students accustomed and comfortable in the water.
With the global pandemic leaving many people feeling idle and stuck, confined within their homes and villages, learning to swim or getting instruction for more advanced swimming techniques is a great way to get active and learn new skills.
We spoke to Ria Mackay, Aqualogic's founder and head coach, who was a competitive swimmer in her younger years and has been teaching swimming both here and abroad for almost 30 years before expanding her teaching operations in 2006 by forming Aqualogic Swim Company. She shared with us the different services they offer and the different benefits swimming can bring to those looking to learn.
Please give us a background on Aqualogic Swim Co.
We are a group of Aquatic Educators from various swimming backgrounds dedicated to high-quality and personalized swimming instruction using the latest and most effective teaching methods.
Aqualogic Swim Co. is a member of the United States Swim School Association (USSSA), the Australian Swim School Association (ASSA) and the International Swim School Association (ISSA).
Tell us the importance of swimming?
Benefits of Baby Swim Classes (6-36 Months):
Water exploration boosts confidence, self-esteem and independence
Promotes Parent-Child bonding
Establish positive parenting methods that can be used outside the pool
Encourage Social interaction and peer learning
Increase in strength, muscle tone, endurance and lung capacity
Results in healthier naps after swim class
Acquire essential safety skills which reduces the risk of drowning by 88%
Accelerated the child's psycho-motor, cognitive and effective development (physical, mental and emotional)
Enhances tactile stimulation
Benefits of Kids and Adult Swim Classes (4 years old and above):
Develop safety skills and positive attitude towards the water
Builds character and self-confidence
Promotes discipline and independence
Improve level of physical fitness
Set a positive foundation towards a lifetime of enjoyment in water-related activities (scuba diving, water skiing, sailing, wind surfing, open water swimming, etc.)
Relieve mind from stress and tension
What are the most important safety measures to keep in mind when swimming?
• Always ensure that there is a lifeguard or water watcher in sight when swimming
• Parents/caregivers should be responsible in keeping an eye on their children even if the kids already know how to swim especially when in a public pool or during swim parties.
• Flotation devices and pool toys (salbabida, water wings, swim vests, etc) should not replace adult supervision when children are swimming.
• Attending swim lessons regularly will reduce the risk of drowning in children & adults
• Make sure you swim in supervised or designated areas.
• Never swim during a storm or when there is lightning.
• Make sure you know the depth of the water.
• Learn CPR and keep a first aid kit, phone and emergency numbers near the water.
• Enforce all pool rules, including no running, pushing people in or dunking other swimmers.
• At the ocean, be careful of underwater currents and the wave action. Never run and dive into the waves head first.
• Don't swim in rivers, where fast-moving water is extremely dangerous and currents are hard to gauge.
• If you have a home pool, install a fence or wall that is at least five feet high completely around the pool and ensure that any gate handles are not accessible to young children.
What's the best advice you can give beginner swimmers who are afraid of the water?
Choose a swim program that will teach safety skills and proper stroke technique as this will boost your confidence and will help you swim with ease. Practice breathing exercises (blowing bubbles), learn balance (front and back floats) and basic swim skills (kicking) in shallow water first. Wearing goggles also help a beginner feel more relaxed when he/she puts the head underwater.
Can it be done in a Village Clubhouse?
Yes we can conduct swim lessons in residential pools, including village clubhouse pools.
From what ages?
We teach students of all ages (6 months old and up)
Usually how many sessions does a package include?
Our minimum package is 8 lessons
Any message for people who'd like to take up swimming in the new normal?
Swimming is one of the best activities we can do during this pandemic because the chlorinated water inactivates viruses and therefore the risk of Covid-19 transmission is incredibly low.
Aqualogic Swim Co.
0917 858 2782
Photos property of Livph